DONATE YOUR TIME
Volunteers are an important part of daily life at PAAH. There are many ways to get involved for people who would like to donate their time.
Every volunteer can make a positive difference in the babies’ development and functioning of the Home, if they follow our guidelines responsibly and accept that commitment and consistency are essential for successful volunteering. We also require volunteers to respect our oath of confidentiality and the privacy of the children in our care.
A detailed, downloadable application form with guidelines for volunteering can be found at the bottom of this page.
PLEASE NOTE THAT POLICE CLEARANCE IS MANDATORY FOR ADULT VOLUNTEERS.
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED:
- ASSISTANCE WITH BABY CARE AND STIMULATION
Registered volunteers assist our staff and the Granny Programme in caring for the little ones by playing with them, loving them, stimulating them and lending a much needed helping hand at meal times (07h30; 11h30 (younger babies) or 12h30 (older toddlers) and 15h30). The affection shared with the babies, and the stimulation provided, helps them to develop optimally until they leave with their forever families.
- ASSISTANCE AROUND THE HOME
Office: Volunteers can help by doing basic reception duties for an hour a week (during office hours Monday to Friday).
Sort incoming donations: We rely heavily on donations in kind. Donated goods are sorted on a daily basis under supervision.
Maintenance: We have frequent odd jobs that need doing around the house. Please let us know if you are able to assist with basic DIY.
Birth Mom programme: Needs vary throughout the year, but we often look for volunteers who could be involved by simply taking birth moms to shops, to a movie and so on.
- COMMUNITY SERVICE
We do allow community service volunteers to complete their hours at the home. This is done by prior arrangement only; during normal office hours and we require the volunteers to be at least 16 years old.
Volunteers often express an interest in fundraising for the home. There are some very simple ways to get involved:
- Sign up for the MySchool/MyVillage card and choose PAAH as your beneficiary. We are registered so all you have to do is apply on line: https://www.myschool.co.za/supporter/apply/).
- Circulate our monthly wish list among friends, family and colleagues.
- Organise a fundraiser at your school or other community group.
- Sign a debit order from for as little as R100/month for a year.
- Fill a branded collection tin with small change.